Stoneleigh-Burnham MORE: Meet Our Remote Experience
With the decision to deliver our mission remotely in Fall 2020, SBS has developed a comprehensive distance learning program (“SBS MORE”). Here are just a few of its key features:
- We have moved to a new learning management system, Canvas, widely used at high schools and universities and accessible around the world, and our faculty have completed an intensive training program in online teaching through One Schoolhouse.
- We have evaluated and designed our courses through the lens of distance learning to better serve our students’ interests, abilities, and circumstances.
- We have developed formal co-curricular programs and class meetings, including DEI work, remote social events for students, wellness and physical activity programming, and strong student support systems.
- We have continued our strong college counseling and academic support services.
- We fully support students in a variety of time zones.